Head of Community
Are you a community builder who likes to think strategically? Are you passionate about web3 and community operated networks? Are you excited about the challenges of managing a dynamic ecosystem that involves developers, token holders, infrastructure providers, and creators? Are you intrigued by the limitless possibilities of open and decentralized video infrastructure that enables completely new capabilities? If so, you should consider joining Livepeer as head of community.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming for a global audience. We are starting by creating the best video infrastructure for user generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers. We accomplish this by using our open source distributed network that enables anyone to bring capacity to the network and get compensated directly by its users. In trying times like this, Livepeer is proud to provide an unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to provide a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
Livepeer is looking for a community builder who can think deeply about empowering and coordinating participants with web3 and open video infrastructure. This is a hybrid marketing and product role. You will have the opportunity to bring a long lasting impact to one of the most important aspects of Livepeer - the community. You will be instrumental in setting the culture and values of the community, devising the plan to nurture and grow the community, creating processes for continuous improvement, and executing with the right resources to create a truly world-class community.
- Research and plan community building initiatives to grow the community and adoption of Livepeer
- Engage with developers, token holders, infrastructure providers and creators through different channels to understand their needs
- Manage the global team of volunteer / part-time admins
- Execute on community building initiatives with the right resources across social channel management, email campaigns, developer evangelism, and content creation
- Collaborate with other companies and projects in the video and web3 industries to build a thriving ecosystem
- Experience managing a community. This can be in a variety of contexts.
- Experience managing internal and external resources on long running projects.
- Experience creating plans with clear objectives and seeing through their execution.
- Comfortable working with developer communities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion and basic understanding of the web3 ecosystem.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email containing your Github profile and/or LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Head of community.
Here is what to expect during the application process:
- Initial Conversation (30 mins)
- First Round Interview (60-90 mins)
- Second Round Interview (3-4 hours)
- Reference Checks