Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Video APIs
Are you an engineer who loves large scale distributed software? Are you excited about the challenges of creating a decentralized video infrastructure network? Are you interested in creating open source software that unlocks the massive video processing capabilities of hardware around the world? If so, you should consider joining Livepeer as a senior software engineer.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by creating the best video infrastructure for user generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers. We accomplish this by using our open source distributed network that enables anyone to bring capacity to the network and get compensated directly by its users. In trying times like this, Livepeer is proud to provide an unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to provide a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
Livepeer is looking for a seasoned software engineer who is passionate about designing, building and scaling large distributed systems. You will contribute to Livepeer’s core video transcoding software and work with a team of talented engineers from around the world on problems such as optimizing hardware accelerated transcoding, designing systems to efficiently manage/monitor/distribute transcoding jobs and building efficient video processing pipelines.
As a member of the Livepeer team, you will work with seasoned entrepreneurs and experienced technologists from a wide range of different backgrounds, all with the same goal of shifting the paradigm for digital video by changing our assumptions on what’s possible.
- Design and build capabilities on top of the Livepeer transcoding pipeline - e.g video clipping, image generation, machine learning analysis, cryptographic signing
- Ensure the systems we build can scale as we bring on both more viewers and transcoding providers
- Work with the Ops and SRE teams to ensure the platform we're running on is reliable
- Provide direction and input on how our CI / CD pipelines should look
- Lead architecture reviews
- Work with the Product team to convert their vision into technical requirements and designs
- Lead future iterations of the systems we build and be opinionated on what we should be building
- Mentor junior team members
- Help to hire and retain engineering talent
- Experience working with and designing distributed systems
- Experience working with and designing HTTP APIs
- Experience scaling gloablly-distributed systems to handle large numbers of requests
- Experience working with CDNs and / or Caching
- Experience working remotely in a collaborative environment
- Experience with video, particularly streaming technologies (HLS, DASH) is a plus
- Experience with Go is a plus
- Experience with Blockchain technologies is a plus
- Experience with infrastructure automation tooling (Ansible, Terraform etc.) is a plus
Here is what to expect during the interview process:
- Initial Conversation (30 mins)
- First Round Interview (60-90 mins)
- Second Round Interview (3-4 hours)
- Reference Checks
$100k-180k USD per year (base salary)
Resources to learn more about Livepeer
Drag and Drop your CV file or upload file here