Are you an engineer that is interested in developing cutting edge smart contracts and blockchain software? Are you interested in building cryptoeconomic mechanisms that coordinate people around the world to allocate resources for useful computation like video processing? Are you excited about architecting a protocol that serves as the backbone of a decentralized video streaming network and that unlocks new types of video applications that are simply not possible with today's Internet video infrastructure? If so, you should consider joining Livepeer as a protocol engineer.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by creating the best video infrastructure for user generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers. We accomplish this by using our open source distributed network that enables anyone to bring capacity to the network and get compensated directly by its users. In trying times like this, Livepeer is proud to provide an unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to provide a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
Livepeer is looking for a protocol engineer who is passionate about smart contracts, blockchains and cryptoeconomics. You will contribute to Livepeer’s protocol architecture and development and work with a team of talented engineers from around the world on problems such as building scalable blockchain based staking systems, dispute resolution mechanisms to provide economic security for users of the network that request transcoding or other video infrastructure services and governance mechanisms that enable community driven evolution of the Livepeer protocol.
As a member of the Livepeer team, you will work with seasoned entrepreneurs and experienced technologists with deep experience in video streaming, internet infrastructure, protocol design, and business execution, all with the same goal of shifting the paradigm for digital video by changing our assumptions on what’s possible.
- Design, implement, test and audit protocol improvements
- Research technological advancements in areas such as blockchain scaling, cross-chain interoperability and cryptoeconomic mechanism design
- Analyze and monitor network transaction data to identify and prioritize areas of improvement for the protocol
- Collaborate with other product and engineering teams to ship software that is not only compatible with the protocol, but also highly usable and performant for video infrastructure use cases
- Experience writing production level Solidity smart contracts
- Strong understanding of Ethereum, the EVM, blockchain protocol design and cryptoeconomics
- Likes working on a distributed team and collaborating with a global community through synchronous and asynchronous communication.
Here is what to expect during the interview process:
- Initial Conversation (30 mins)
- First Round Interview (60-90 mins)
- Second Round Interview (3-4 hours)
- Reference Checks
Resources to learn more about Livepeer
Drag and Drop your CV file or upload file here