Head of Developer Relations
Are you an engineer or developer relations pro who is passionate about the Web3 technology stack, loves hackathons, giving workshops, mentoring, can’t help but find themselves tweeting, writing explanatory posts, and generally helping builders build?
About the Role
As a growing number of Web2 developers transition to Web3, we are seeking a passionate individual committed to making the Livepeer Ecosystem an incredible home for open source contributors to help build the world's open video infrastructure as a foundational layer of the new decentralized internet.
- Responsible for developer community building, developer experience, and developer education.
- Hacker support at hackathons + handle operations around hackathons as needed.
- Developer community building through digital/virtual programs and content creation.
- Lead the growth of Livepeer’s developer ecosystem; identifying and developing strategies for specific developer personas
- Learn and master Livepeer’s current product lines and identify technical and non-technical opportunities for open source contributors
- Lead the design and delivery of scalable educational programs to build and onboard a pipeline of open source contributors to Livepeer Network through with learning, mentorship and training opportunities
- Lead developer content strategy and creation (eg tutorials, workshops, and other learning resources)
- Partner with other Web3 projects to collaborate on educational onboarding and training opportunities.
- Provide feedback to the Core Team on user experience, product strategy and opportunities to improve the development experience through product discovery and development opportunities
- Represent Livepeer at hackathons by being the developer relations lead, giving workshops and presentations as appropriate
- Full stack developer with 6-8 years experience in related operational role
- Background with open source development
- Strong understanding of the Web3 ecosystem including core infrastructure, applications and developer tooling
- Experience building web3 products or experience contributing to a web3 community
- Social developer: Natural and exemplary communicator; someone who can explain technology to different audiences and translate complex topics with empathy into accessible formats both in writing and verbally
- Previous UX or product experience
- Experience managing and mentoring an engineering or product team
- Cross-chain experience
- Video-tech experience/interest
$100k-$200k USD per year (based salary)
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by building the best video infrastructure for user-generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers.
As a blockchain-based protocol that has been live on Ethereum since 2018, Livepeer is one of the first web3 networks to deliver real-world value to an existing multi-billion dollar industry. We do this by using our open-source, blockchain coordinated, p2p network to enable a worldwide community of hardware operators to run infrastructure for video streaming.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to providing a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
Resources to learn more about Livepeer
- The Livepeer Primer
- Day in the Life of Livepeer team members - Yondon Fu
- Livepeer snags $20M for decentralized video transcoding
- Messari Profile
- Grayscale Livepeer Report
Drag and Drop your CV file or upload file here