About the Role
Livepeer Inc, the team behind the Livepeer protocol, is looking for a Data Analyst. This is a high-impact, cross-functional role with exposure to the entire business including, Marketing, Community, and Product. A successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
As part of a growing data team, Livepeer data analysts are empowered to think creatively, work independently, and proactively find opportunities to add value with analytics. This will be a unique opportunity to meaningfully shape the analytical culture of an organization.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by building the best video infrastructure for user-generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers.
As a blockchain-based protocol that has been live on Ethereum since 2018, Livepeer is one of the first web3 networks to deliver real-world value to an existing multi-billion dollar industry. We do this by using our open-source, blockchain coordinated, p2p network to enable a worldwide community of hardware operators to run infrastructure for video streaming. In trying times like this, Livepeer provides a unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to providing a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
- Design and build reporting dashboards for critical Product, Marketing, and Business Ops workflows
- Effectively visualize data to communicate results
- Respond to and deliver ad-hoc data requests through SQL queries
- Work with internal teams to develop high-quality metrics across the business
- Understand, document, and visualize existing data pipelines
- Identify data needs within Livepeer and work with internal partners to fill those gaps
- Maintain existing dashboards and their underlying analytics infrastructure
- Proactively identify analytical opportunities and needs across the organization
- 1+ years of experience as a Data Analyst or related roles
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Have some proficiency in programming: Shell, Python, R
- Have experience with business intelligence tools and data visualization concepts
- Have experience with Google Sheets for analysis; concepts such as pivot tables, vlookups, nested-if statements, etc.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively in a remote work environment
- Have experience communicating technical concepts in clear and concise language
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude - when you identify a question, you can’t help but find the answer
- Interest in web3 data
- Nice to haves: experience with Git and Github, GraphQL, and analyzing on-chain data
Here is what to expect during the interview process:
- Initial Phone Interview
- First and Second Round Interview
- Reference Checks
$75,000 to $95,000 based on relevant experience and requirements.
Resources to learn more about Livepeer
- The Livepeer Primer
- Day in the Life of Livepeer team members - Yondon Fu
- Livepeer snags $20M for decentralized video transcoding
- Messari Profile
- Grayscale Livepeer Report
Drag and Drop your CV file or upload file here