Senior Production Success Engineer
Are you excited about building the world's most reliable, affordable, and high-quality video streaming solution? Do you enjoy working with a small product and engineering team that values shipping quality software? Are you interested in using new technologies to bring disruption into an existing industry? If you love writing software and are experienced in video streaming, you should consider joining Livepeer's as a full-stack video engineer.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by building the best video infrastructure for user-generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers.
As a blockchain-based protocol that has been live on Ethereum since 2018, Livepeer is one of the first web3 networks to deliver real-world value to an existing multi-billion dollar industry. We do this by using our open-source, blockchain coordinated, p2p network to enable a worldwide community of hardware operators to run infrastructure for video streaming. In trying times like this, Livepeer provides a unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to providing a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
Production Success is a partnership between Livepeer and our customers that enables them to unlock the full potential of Livepeer products to ultimately realize their business outcomes. There are multiple functional areas – product, customer support, community and so forth – that form the production success organization. This JD will highlight one of the most customer-facing roles in our organization: production success engineers (PSE).
- As a senior member of Production Success Team, you will:
- Be the first-line technical expert when a production issue arises
- Oversee the quality of on-call duty process execution
- Own the Level 1 production issue triage playbook
- Own the technical aspect of War room process for high impact incidence handling
- Provide feedback and organize training for on-call engineers to improve the QoS
- Track and manage the resolutions of identified production issues from engineering team
- Monitor the cost of support (engineering time, and customer impact)
- Coordinate major incidence outbound communication
- Provide SRE production support requirements, acting as the internal stakeholder
- Manage essential engineering knowledge transfer from development teams to service team
What we are looking for
- 4 -10 years of experience working in customer-facing technical roles (in Customer Success, Consulting or related discipline)
- Experience with Python, Go, TS or Video Technologies, one or more above
- Familiarity with the end-to-end streaming workflow and cloud architectures
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Container (Docker), and CDN
- Experience with video technologies, such as protocols, codecs, and streaming infrastructure at scale
- Problem solving skills that apply to streaming environment
- Experience managing customer challenges through to resolution
- Bachelors degree in a computing or engineering discipline (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering)
- 100% remote
Here is what to expect during the interview process:
- Initial Phone Interview
- First and Second Round Interview
- Reference Checks
$100-150k USD / year
Resources to learn more about Livepeer
- The Livepeer Primer
- Day in the Life of Livepeer team members - Yondon Fu
- Livepeer snags $20M for decentralized video transcoding
- Messari Profile
- Grayscale Livepeer Report
Drag and Drop your CV file or upload file here