Senior Lead Product Manager
You understand what developers care about in a product. You are excited about the challenge of owning important product features at an early stage start-up disrupting the video streaming industry. You encourage discussions, help the best idea win, and turn it into a well thought-out plan to help with execution. If you are passionate about developer API products, you should consider the opportunity to join Livepeer as our Senior Lead Product Manager.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by building the best video infrastructure for user generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers.
As a blockchain based protocol which has been live on Ethereum since 2018, Livepeer is one of the first web3 networks to deliver real world value to an existing multi-billion dollar industry. We do this by using our open source, blockchain coordinated, p2p network to enable a worldwide community of hardware operators to run infrastructure for video streaming. In trying times like this, Livepeer provides a unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to provide a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
Livepeer is looking for a senior lead product manager for our video streaming API product. We are looking for an experienced user-facing product manager who can be accountable for the entire product development cycle. This includes working across the company to help identify user needs, scoping out product features, working with the engineering team to facilitate planning, organizing product launches, and iterating based on metrics / direct customer feedback. You will be working directly with the founders of the company, helping us make key product decisions to drive growth and adoption. This is a role with high leverage and high autonomy, and you will be supported by an experienced team with deep industry knowledge and technical expertise. You will have an opportunity to help create a technical product that's truly unique and disruptive.
- You will make key product decisions and own a significant portion of the product roadmap
- You will represent the voice of the users for the engineering team
- You will help support the commercial team by providing product updates, understanding user pain points, and coming up with solutions to address user needs
- You will speak with users directly to gain product insights
- You will give regular product updates to the company, helping teams aligned in their execution
- Experience managing a developer product
- Proven track record of owning successful product launches from start to finish
- Ability to learn quickly in order to understand what's important for a technical product in a new field
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills
- You’re highly organized, self starting, and biased toward action / execution
- Passion for crypto / blockchain oriented projects is desirable
- Video industry experience is a plus
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email containing your resume and/or LinkedIn to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Lead Product Manager.
Here is what to expect during the application process:
- Initial Phone Interview
- First and Second Round Interview
- Reference Checks