Senior Product Manager - Public Network
Are you passionate about community operated networks? Are you experienced with working closely with existing users, thinking about future users, and understanding technical tradeoffs in order to form and execute a plan to create an amazing user experience? Are you excited about building products for a community with diverse stakeholders that serves as the foundation for new types of video applications that are simply not possible today? If so, you should consider joining Livepeer as a senior product manager.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by creating the best video infrastructure for user generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers. We accomplish this by using our open source distributed network that enables anyone to bring capacity to the network and get compensated directly by its users. The network is currently processing 2.5 million minutes of video every week and the goal is to not only increase usage by 100x, but to also enable additional capabilities including AI based video analysis and content delivery all to establish the network as the world’s open video infrastructure.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to provide a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
Livepeer is looking for a senior product manager to grow and empower the public network community to provide scalable, reliable, and affordable open video infrastructure. You will be accountable for the development lifecycle of products that empower video miners to provide high quality service on the network, tokenholders to identify well performing video miners and to participate in protocol governance, and the community to contribute to the growth and success of the network. This will include working closely with members of each stakeholder group to identify user needs, scoping features, working with the engineering team on technical plans, organizing product launches and iterating based on network/user data.
As a member of the Livepeer team, you will work with seasoned entrepreneurs and experienced technologists with deep experience in video streaming, Internet infrastructure, protocol design, and business execution, all with the same goal of shifting the paradigm for digital video by changing our assumptions on what’s possible.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the needs of the different stakeholder groups in the community and translate them into product requirements
- You will be the voice of current and future members of the different stakeholder groups in the community with the engineering team
- You will speak with members of the different stakeholder groups in the community to gain product insights
- You will analyze network and user metrics to track KPIs
- You will work with technical leads to create actionable roadmaps that can be executed by the product and engineering team
- You will communicate product updates to the company as well as the public network community
- Experience building technical software products from start to finish
- Experience using product discovery techniques, data analysis and market research to validate product ideas
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally to define success metrics and roadmaps
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills
- Comfortable communicating asynchronously and synchronously on a distributed team
- Experience with Ethereum and blockchain technology is a plus
- Experience with building marketplace products particularly those targeting the supply side is a plus
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email containing your Github profile and/or LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Product Manager - Public Network.
Here is what to expect during the application process:
- Initial Conversation (30 mins)
- First Round Interview (60-90 mins)
- Second Round Interview (3-4 hours)
- Reference Checks