Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
Are you experienced in developing performant and distributed systems? Are you intrigued by the challenges of creating an open marketplace for video infrastructure? Are you excited about building software that unlocks new types of video applications that are simply not possible today? If so, you should consider joining Livepeer as a senior software engineer.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by creating the best video infrastructure for user generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers. We accomplish this by using our open source distributed network that enables anyone to bring capacity to the network and get compensated directly by its users. In trying times like this, Livepeer is proud to provide an unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to provide a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
Livepeer is looking for a senior software engineer who is passionate about distributed systems. You will contribute to the architecture and development of the Livepeer node software and work with a team of talented engineers from around the world. You will work on problems such as building low latency networked systems, low latency video transcoding, AI based content detection, algorithmic node decision systems, micropayment transaction systems, as well as tools to support node operators.
As a member of the Livepeer team, you will work with seasoned entrepreneurs and experienced technologists with deep experience in video streaming, Internet infrastructure, protocol design, and business execution, all with the same goal of shifting the paradigm for digital video by changing our assumptions on what’s possible.
- Design, implement and test improvements to networking protocols used to request video infrastructure services.
- Design, implement and test distributed systems algorithms to ensure high quality of service in an adversarial environment.
- Design, implement and test blockchain related features such as staking, payments and computation verification.
- Collaborate with other product and engineering teams to ship features with high usability and performance.
- Experience in developing distributed, concurrent software systems.
- Experience with testing and evaluating the performance of distributed systems.
- Interested in working on a distributed team and collaborating with a global community.
- Experience with Ethereum and programming using blockchain node APIs and smart contract APIs is a plus.
- Experience with Go is a plus.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email containing your Github profile and/or LinkedIn to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems.
Here is what to expect during the application process:
- Initial Conversation (30 mins)
- First Round Interview (60-90 mins)
- Second Round Interview (3-4 hours)
- Reference Checks