Senior Software Engineer - Video Transcoding
Are you an engineer who loves video processing software? Are you excited about the challenges of creating a decentralized video infrastructure network? Are you interested in creating open source software that unlocks the massive video processing capabilities of hardware around the world? If so, you should consider joining Livepeer as a senior software engineer.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by creating the best video infrastructure for user generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers. We accomplish this by using our open source distributed network that enables anyone to bring capacity to the network and get compensated directly by its users. In trying times like this, Livepeer is proud to provide an unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to provide a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
Livepeer is looking for a seasoned software engineer who is passionate about video processing. You will contribute to Livepeer’s core video transcoding software and work with a team of talented engineers from around the world on problems such as optimizing hardware accelerated transcoding, designing systems to efficiently manage/monitor/distribute transcoding jobs and building efficient video processing pipelines.
As a member of the Livepeer team, you will work with seasoned entrepreneurs and experienced technologists from a wide range of different backgrounds, all with the same goal of shifting the paradigm for digital video by changing our assumptions on what’s possible.
- Maintain, benchmark, and improve the performance of core video transcoding software.
- Build and maintain software integrations to support hardware encoders/decoders such as Nvidia NVENC/NVDEC, AMD VCN/VCE and Intel QuickSync.
- Analyze the computational workloads of current and potential future infrastructure providers on the network to support them in fully utilizing their hardware for transcoding and potentially other computational workloads (i.e. cryptocurrency mining).
- Deep understanding of video transcoding.
- Extensive experience working with low level video processing software like the ffmpeg library suite and video codecs such as h264.
- Familiarity with at least one family of hardware encoders/decoders (i.e. Nvidia NVENC/NVDEC, AMD VCN/VCE, Intel QuickSync).
- Entry level technical understanding the foundational concepts of public blockchains such as Ethereum.
- Likes working on a distributed team and collaborating with others through synchronous and asynchronous communication.
- Comfortable programming in C and Go.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email containing your Github profile and/or LinkedIn to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Software Engineer - Video Transcoding.
Here is what to expect during the application process:
- Initial Conversation (30 mins)
- First Round Interview (60-90 mins)
- Second Round Interview (3-4 hours)
- Reference Checks