Senior Video Infrastructure Engineer
Are you a video engineer who has built large scaled video deployments with tools like Kubernetes? Are you excited about the challenges of creating a DevOps stack in various environments instead of only on AWS, GCP, or Azure? Are you interested in distributed systems and open source video software? If so, you should consider joining Livepeer as a senior video infrastructure engineer.
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure, enabling instantly scalable, reliable, and affordable video streaming. We are starting by creating the best video infrastructure for user generated content (UGC) video applications. Users of Livepeer can access instantly reliable and scalable video infrastructure while saving over 10x in cost compared to existing infrastructure providers. We do this by using our open source p2p network that enables anyone to run infrastructure for Livepeer. In trying times like this, Livepeer is proud to provide an unique video solution that helps communities and businesses innovate, adapt, and grow through the power of video.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to provide a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
Livepeer is looking for a seasoned video infrastructure engineer to join the core engineering team. You will help Livepeer scale the infrastructure that serves its API product. You will work with a team of talented engineers from around the world, on problems like deployment automation, monitoring / observability, resource management, and infrastructure security. At Livepeer, we do almost everything “cloud-provider-free”, bypassing AWS, GCP and Azure to avoid prohibitive egress costs. As a member of the Livepeer team, you will work with seasoned entrepreneurs and experienced technologists from a wide range of different backgrounds, all with the same goal of shifting the paradigm for digital video by changing our assumptions on what’s possible.
- Create or use existing tools like Prometheus, Grafana, and ffmepg to measure, monitor and improve software performance and reliability.
- Design and implement deployment automation software using Kubernetes and Ansible.
- Manage and improve Livepeer’s global and heterogeneous deployment environment, from bare metal to Kubernetes environments, to ensure high quality video services.
- Improvenet CI/CD software to help the Livepeer engineering team deploy fearlessly. Contributing to Livepeer’s open source ecosystem by providing open source automation tools that help 3rd party infrastructure operators.
- Extensive experience working with automation tools like Kubernetes, Helm, and Ansible.
- Extensive experience in building systems at large scale, managing hundreds of compute instances.
- Understanding of video live streaming and video on demand workflows, including ingest, transcoding, delivery, and playback is a pluss
- Wworking knowledge of video open source tools like ffmpeg is a pluss
- Is able to think adversarially and design systems with the expectation that actors will try to cheat and bypass rules.
- Is comfortable with the foundational concepts of public blockchains such as Ethereum.
- Like working on a distributed team, collaborating with others through synchronous and asynchronous communication.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email containing your Github profile and/or LinkedIn to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Video Infrastructure Engineer.
Here is what to expect during the application process:
- Initial Phone Interview
- First and Second Round Interview
- Reference Checks