Ecosystem Marketing Lead
Why Join Livepeer
Livepeer’s mission is to build the world’s open video infrastructure and provide universal access to scalable, high-performance and affordable video streaming services that help individuals, communities and businesses connect, innovate, and grow through the power of video.
As an open source and public blockchain-based protocol that has been live on Ethereum since 2018, Livepeer is one of the first web3 projects to deliver real-world utility to an existing multi-billion dollar global industry. The Livepeer protocol creates an incentivized and coordinated peer-to-peer Network and worldwide community of hardware operators to run infrastructure for video streaming. Users of the Livepeer Network infrastructure can instantly access infinitely scalable and high performance media services while saving over 10x in cost compared to traditional cloud infrastructure providers.
Livepeer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to providing a community and environment for mutual respect, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success and seek to recruit/develop from a diverse candidate pool.
What we're looking for
Livepeer is looking for a highly motivated marketing leader to grow Livepeer’s brand awareness as the home for open video innovation, through consistent, creative and high quality content and events, working directly with Livepeer’s Head of Growth while supporting the broader Livepeer ecosystem team and community.
What you’ll do
- Act as the content engine for the Livepeer project, to amplify Livepeer’s voice as the future of open source, decentralized video technology and innovation
- Own and manage the Livepeer ecosystem content calendar to draft, schedule and publish creative, high quality content across all digital marketing channels on a daily, weekly and monthly cadence
- Run marketing experiments with clear objectives and timelines
- Provide weekly and monthly marketing performance reports with key insights and learnings
- Work cross functionally with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to source and draft content that inspires and showcases the Livepeer ecosystem.
- Execute impactful digital and IRL marketing events for effective lead generation, community onboarding and engagement
- Identify and manage supporting brand design assets
- Design and execute marketing programs to highlight ecosystem ideas, projects and outcomes
What you'll bring
- Track record of audience building through an approach that is creative, experimental and focused on continuous learning and improvement with data-driven insights
- Significant experience in a fast-paced startup or technology environment
- Effective manager and cross-functional collaborator, with excellent relationship management and communication skills
- Bias to action and get things done attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to deliver impeccable written and visual content
- Demonstrated excellence in writing both short and long form digital content across social media and other owned channels
- Aptitude for developer, product and/or technical marketing
- Demonstrated effectiveness in applying the latest analytics tools and SEO best practices to marketing operations
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
Nice to have
- You have design experience and can create inspiring digital graphics to accompany marketing content and events
- You have experience working in a decentralized project or community and are comfortable managing distributed contributors
How to apply
- Send us your CV + portfolio of your work (include 1 writing sample of a journalistic feature and 1 social media sample) by clicking on the "Submit Application" button
Resources to learn more about Livepeer
- The Livepeer Primer
- Day in the Life of Livepeer team members - Yondon Fu
- Livepeer snags $20M for decentralized video transcoding
- Messari Profile
- Grayscale Livepeer Report
Drag and Drop your CV file or upload file here